Anna & Owen
Robert Hatfield: email@example.com 803-526-7478. Continue to pray for a smooth transition for them and that their home will sell quickly. Their current address is 5460 Altamaha Drive, North Charleston, SC 29420.
For the month of August we are collecting Oatmeal & Macaroni. Please see William Ireland if you have any questions.
“The Pearl” Service
We conduct a service each Sunday afternoon at 1:00 pm at The Pearl of Fort Mill memory care facility next door. 8.11 William Ireland, 8.18 Gilbert Shelton, 8.25 Tommie Washington, 9.1 Mark Walker.
The current nursery attendants list is on the bulletin board, if you would like to add or delete your name please do so. Also if you are attending the Indian Land congregation please indicate this by putting IL next to your name. If you have any questions please see Barry VanHamme.
Lads To Leaders Kickoff
You are invited to the kickoff potluck for our Lads to Leaders/Leaderettes program on Sunday, August 11 following AM services in the fellowship hall. ALL ages are welcome, from student participants (preschool to high school) to adults who want to participate and/or help our children learn the Bible. The potluck sign-up list is on the bulletin board. Please see Matt Guy with questions.
Tuesday Morning Ladies Bible Class
Ladies, if you are available on Tuesday mornings, you are welcome to join us beginning September 10 @ 10:00 am the Ladies Bible Class season will begin! We are so excited about our upcoming study from the book, It’s a Red-Letter Day, “How the words of Jesus impact the hearts of women today.” A sign-up sheet is on the bulletin board. We look forward to growing in the Lord together – one day at a time! If you need more information, please see Mary Carter.
Moving Assistance Needed
Les Cole will be moving August 5th and needs help; as he has a bad back. (379 S. Garrison Apt. # B4 (Carolina Place Apartments); Rock Hill, SC 29730. Please see Les with questions, 803.616.4993.
Congregational “Family Legacy” Weekend
Save the date for an exciting congregational family weekend with speakers Lonnie Jones & Ben Hayes, August 30, – September 1. Our theme for this weekend is “Legacy: Living Beyond Ourselves”.
Saturday, August 31 we will have our congregational picnic at Westminster Park (Rock Hill), a fun-filled family day is planned. We will have a cook out, Pelican’s snow balls, ultimate Frisbee and Devos! Mark your calendars NOW!
Southeastern Children’s Home Change Cans
It is time for the annual change can campaign for the Southeastern Children’s Home. Cans are available in the foyer.
Save The Date Ladies Retreat
Ladies mark your calendars and plan to attend our ladies retreat at Litchfield Beach
Resort, October 11-13, 2019 . Cost is $80 per person. Details to come soon!
Check out the new web page: indianlandcoc.org
8.3-7 Gospel Meeting/University COC
8.24 Ladies Day/ Kingsbury Rd COC
Wednesday Night Cool Down
Our final Wednesday Night Cool Down will be at Bruester’s following our Bible Study.
Middle/ High Summer Devos
Tuesday night MS/HS devo sign-up sheet is posted on the bulletin board! Tuesday’s from 7-830. The devo this Tuesday will be at Clay and Chelsea’s home (3444 Shandon Rd, Rock Hill, SC 29730
Middle, High, and College Girls Bible Study
The next Bible study will be Friday, August 9th at 9:30 am. See Haley Cox with questions.
Middle, High, and College Back to School Cookout
There will be a back to school cookout at the Hager’s on Friday August 9 from 7-10 pm. The address is 1963 Nell Ramsey Rd, Edgemoor, SC.
Stay In The Loop/ Remind App
Parents and young people, make sure you have the remind app downloaded to your phones to stay connected to all of our youth events and details.
* Chuck Magee will be having some follow up cancer related testing Monday, August 5.
* Michelle Hicks’ brothers Leroy and Keith Hicks need prayers as they go through some issues.
* Keith Franklin is doing well following his recent stent placement.
* Lou Johnson has been unable to get out recently.
* Bonnie Hunter requests our prayers, she had some tests recently.
* Cris Newell is making slow improvement.
* Prayers for Tim Bannister & Sandy Ibbetson to continue doing well.
* The mothers’ of Barb Arbaugh, Rodney Grant, April Greene, Linda Hill, Shontrell Overton, Jim Passmore, Len Patterson, Ron Shepherd, and Mark Walker, are all dealing with various health issues.
* The fathers’ of Jerry Brooks, and Greg Gross are dealing with various health issues.
* PJ Inness’ sister-in –law, Kathy Stevens had to have emergency brain surgery Tuesday.
* Bert Schick’s daughter Mylisa Binnell is experiencing a ‘shut-down’ of the left side of her body.
* Sandra Murray’s brother, Tom Ratliff had a stroke and will have 3 surgeries in the next 5 weeks.
* Cheryl Ford’s Uncle, Grover Fincher has been diagnosed with cancer.
* Wayne Cherry’s nephew, Tony Harris has been diagnosed with non-alcoholic Cirrhosis.
* Charles Taylor’s co-worker, Helene Ward has begun chemo for cancer found in his lymph nodes.
* Mark & PJ Inness’ neighbors, the Stillwell family update* Linden had some more tests.
* Sue Burkhammer’s co-worker’s nephew (Zac) has had some serious setbacks.
* Tim Mastenbrook requests prayers for Mr. and Madam Beljour as their US Visas are up for final approval to come from Haiti for her emergency heart surgery in time to save her life.
* Sympathy to Josh Buchanan on the death of his aunt in MS. Her funeral was this past weekend.
* Remember our shut-ins: Gloria Girard, Ruby Lett, and Lois Viera.
Sermons & Classes
“ The Face App Challenge”
Summer Quarter Classes (June 2)
Sunday Adult Auditorium:
“13 Incredible Prophecies”
“Consider One Another”
Summer Quarter Classes (June 5)
Wednesday Adult Auditorium:
8.7 Greg Gross
“Joseph & Forgiveness”
8.14 Chuck Dohm
8.14 Jason Harvey
“Serving In A Secular World”
8.21 Josh Buchanan
“Two Leadership Lessons From Jesus”