Fall Quarter Classes
Begins Sunday September 1st, & Wednesday, September 4th
Robert Hatfield: firstname.lastname@example.org 803-526-7478. Continue to pray for a smooth transition for them and that their home will sell quickly. Their current address is 5460 Altamaha Drive, North Charleston, SC 29420.
For the month of August we are collecting Oatmeal & Macaroni. Please see William Ireland if you have any questions.
“The Pearl” Service
We conduct a service each Sunday afternoon at 1:00 pm at The Pearl of Fort Mill memory care facility next door. 8.25 Tommie Washington, 9.1 Mark Walker, 9.8 Leon Sims.
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Dinner
We will have our Wednesday evening fellowship dinner this week on August 28th from 6:00 to 6:50 pm. Tacos will be served. Please join us for a meal and fellowship followed by our midweek bible study at 7:00. Friends and family are encouraged to attend.
Ladies Fall Quarter Bible Study
The fall quarter ladies Bible study begins Wednesday, September 4th, in the downstairs glass classroom. Our study will be “The Fragrance of Faith, Discovering the Aroma of Christ through the Beatitudes”. See Kim Beels, Rhunette Franklin, or Heather Powell w/ questions.
New Horizons Senior Bible Study
The New Horizons Bible Study will begin the first Wednesday in October (the 2nd), at 12:00 pm. Anyone is welcome to attend. See Keith Franklin with questions.
The current nursery attendants list is on the bulletin board, if you would like to add or delete your name please do so. Also if you are attending the Indian Land congregation please indicate this by putting IL next to your name. If you have any questions please see Barry VanHamme.
Tuesday Morning Ladies Bible Class
Ladies, on Tuesday mornings, you are welcome to join us beginning September 10 @ 10:00 am the Ladies Bible Class season will begin! We are so excited about our upcoming study from the book, It’s a Red-Letter Day, “How the words of Jesus impact the hearts of women today.” A sign-up sheet is on the bulletin board. We look forward to growing in the Lord together – one day at a time! If you need more information, please see Mary Carter.
Southeastern Children’s Home Change Cans
It is time for the annual change can campaign for the Southeastern Children’s Home. Cans are available in the foyer.
Save The Date Ladies Retreat
Ladies Retreat is the weekend of October 11-13. It will be at the Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort in Pawley’s Island, SC. The cost of the retreat is $80. This includes your lodging and the cost of the conference room we rent. All meals will be on your own. Please sign up on the bulletin board. Checks can be made out to Church of Christ at Gold Hill Road with “Ladies Retreat” in the memo line. The theme is “Unfathomable Love”, based off the book Immeasurably More by Cassandra Martin. We hope you’ll join us for an amazing weekend with your sisters in Christ. Please sign up and pay no later than September 8! if you have any questions please see Heather Powell.
Check out the new web page: indianlandcoc.org
9.8 Gospel Meeting/ Charlotte Ave./Jeff Trotter
9.28 Youth Day/ Highland Acres/ Statesville
Stay In The Loop/ Remind App
Parents and young people, make sure you have the remind app downloaded to your phones to stay connected to all of our youth events and details.
Young Ladies Day
Charlotte Avenue is hosting their annual EWES young ladies day, September 28th 9:30—4:00, details to come soon.
* Joe Manning had some tests this past week.
* Harold Weston is having difficulty with one of his hips and is affecting his ability to walk. Please pray also for Sharon as she cares for him.
* Lou Johnson has been dealing with some health issues.
* Bonnie Hunter wishes to thank all for the prayers etc.
* Cris Newell continues to be home bound due to the pain she suffers. Dr.’s are adjusting some of her medications. We were thankful to see Dave out last week. Continue to pray for them as they cope.
* Prayers for Tim Bannister & Sandy Ibbetson to continue doing well.
* Dave Beels’ father, Bill is now home and progressing in his recovery.
* Derrick Williamson’s father, Denzel will begin chemo treatments this week.
* The mothers’ of Barb Arbaugh, Rodney Grant, April Greene, Linda Hill, Shontrell Overton, Jim Passmore, Len Patterson, Ron Shepherd, and Mark Walker, are all dealing with various health issues.
* The fathers’ of Jerry Brooks, and Greg Gross are dealing with various health issues.
* Michelle Hicks’ brothers Leroy and Keith Hicks need prayers as they go through some issues.
* PJ Inness’ sister-in –law, Kathy Stevens is waiting for complete pathology to determine her future treatment plan.
* Charles & Ginger Taylor’s granddaughter Kristin Ginsberg has suffered a severe concussion.
* Bert Schick’s daughter Mylisa Binnell is experiencing a ‘shut-down’ of the left side of her body.
* Sandra Murray’s brother, Tom Ratliff had a stroke and will have 3 surgeries in the next 5 weeks.
* Cheryl Ford’s Uncle, Grover Fincher has been diagnosed with cancer.
* Wayne Cherry’s nephew, Tony Harris has been diagnosed with non-alcoholic Cirrhosis.
* Charles Taylor’s co-worker, Helene Ward has begun chemo for cancer found in her lymph nodes.
* Mark & PJ Inness’ neighbor update* Linden’s recent test results were encouraging.
* Tim Mastenbrook one more new hurdle for Madam Beljour’s VISA from Haiti for her emergency heart surgery.
* Sympathy to Sonia Maki on the passing of her brother, Harold Clark recently, a memorial service will be held in the near future in Columbia.
* Remember our shut-ins: Gloria Girard, Ruby Lett, and Lois Viera.
Sermons & Classes
“Will Only Perfect People Go to Heaven?”
Singing Emphasis. Matt Ibbetson will be leading our devotional.
Summer Quarter Classes (June 2)
Sunday Adult Auditorium:
“13 Incredible Prophecies”
“Consider One Another”
Summer Quarter Classes (June 5)
Wednesday Adult Auditorium:
8.28 Josh Buchanan
“Two Leadership Lessons From Jesus”