Happy Mother’s Day
I thank God every time I remember you.
Hatfield Contact Info
If you would like to contact Robert or Emily Hatfield, you may do so at his email address, email@example.com or on his cell, 803-526-7478. Their current address is 5460 Altamaha Drive, North Charleston, SC 29420.
We rejoice that Ethan Katrib, Bradley Davis, and Jean Glennon (Chad’s Grandmother) were baptized this past week.
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Dinner
It’s pizza night! We will have our next Wednesday evening fellowship dinner May 29th from 6:00 to 6:50 pm. Pizza will be served. Please join us for a meal and fellowship followed by our midweek Bible study at 7:00. Friends and family are encouraged to attend.
Women’s Monthly Prayer Meeting Today
The women’s prayer group will meet today.
GHR Grad Night
We will be celebrating our High School graduates the Sunday night following evening services May 19. Reagan Hunter, Wesley Fuqua, Alex Lamb, Nick Lamb,
Russell McHenry, Molly Passmore, Bailey Ridenour, Blake Savage, and Wilson Walker. Please bring appetizers, finger foods, and dessert. A cake is provided. Books will be available to sign in the fellowship hall.
For the month of May we are collecting cereal & oatmeal. Please see William Ireland if you have any questions.
Autumn Leaves Service
We conduct a service each Sunday afternoon at 1:00 pm at the Autumn Leaves memory care facility next door. See Mark Walker with questions.
New Horizons Bible Study
Wednesday’s at 12:00 pm there is an ongoing Bible study here at the building for all of those in the New Horizons Care Group. Anyone is welcome.
Save The Date VBS
Vacation Bible School will be July 31, August 1st and 2nd! Details coming soon!
Save The Date Morality Seminar
July 19-21 David Powell will be with us for a seminar titled: “Morality In An Age Of Corruption”.
Veterans BBQ & Fellowship
Saturday, June 22nd at the home of Karen & Steve Shelton 3:00—6:30. (4112 Blaydes Court, Charlotte) The purpose of this event is to build and strengthen our network of Christian veterans to offer support, fellowship, and edification. It’s open to all veterans and family members from our congregation (and close friends who are veterans and may also benefit). Please sign up in the foyer before Sunday, 6/16, and plan to bring a side dish, beverage, or a dessert. Steve and Karen are available for questions.
Save The Date Family Legacy Weekend
Save the date for an exciting weekend with speakers Lonnie Jones & Ben Hayes, August 30, – September 1. Saturday a picnic/devo filled family day is planned. Watch for details soon. Mark your calendars NOW!
Love Where You Live Service Projects
Love Where you Live June 10 – 14. Participants would like to donate their time and efforts to help you assemble, package, label, etc your projects. We will have 40+ youth ranging from kindergarten to 12th grade. You bring the materials, we’ll be the muscle.
We are also looking for yard work opportunities to help members/ friends/ neighbors with tasks including (but not limited to) mowing, pulling weeds, laying pine straw, etc on the morning of Thursday, June 13th. You do not have to “need” help for us to come help you, we would love to help anyone who wants it! Sign up on the bulletin board or see Heather, Liz, or Shawna.
5.31 Area Singing / Lake Norman
6.7 Area Singing/ Charlotte Ave.
6.9-15 Carolina Lectures/ Sumter, SC
Spring Teen Sowers & Sing
MS/HS youth are invited to participate in a 6 week study about the Church & how to engage in conversations about the Church. We will meet Sunday evenings this Spring April 28 – June 9. Dinner and youth singing will follow each class.
Love Where You Live
Calling all school age youth (K-12) and adult helpers for Love Where You Live Week Sign Ups! We have daily service projects planned for the week of June 10th – 14th. Please note that this is morning/ afternoon each day. Please sign up on the bulletin board by May 19th. See Heather Powell, Shawna Harvey, or Liz Knight with any questions.
Save The Date Youth Retreat
Youth Retreat planning is in the works! Save the date, May 24-26! At Carolina Bible Camp with speaker Ben Hogan! See Clay Batts with questions.
* Cris Newell is having some very painful back issues.
* Tim Bannister is in complete remission. We are so thankful!
* Prayers for Sandy Ibbetson to continue doing well.
* The mother’s of Barb Arbaugh, Rodney Grant, Linda Hill, Jim Passmore, Len Patterson, Ron Shepherd, and Mark Walker, are all dealing with various health issues.
* The father’s of Jerry Brooks, and Greg Gross are dealing with various health issues.
* Cheryl Ford’s Uncle, Grover Fincher has been diagnosed with cancer.
* Wayne Cherry’s nephew, Tony Harris has been diagnosed with non-alcoholic Cirrhosis.
* Leila Washington’s friends’ 12 year old nephew who has had pneumonia is now in rehab receiving breathing treatments.
* Friend and neighbor to Kurt & Mary Ann Marine (Bill) has had a return of his cancer.
* Tim Mastenbrook requests prayers for one of Haiti’s preachers school graduates wife; Madam Beljour she has tentatively been approved for her gratis life-saving heart surgery in the U.S.
* Don & Sheri Blackwell who were both severely injured (spinal cord; Don) in a 4 wheeler accident while at a Gospel meeting in VA. Don is the minister in South Haven, Mississippi, and former minister at North Charleston, SC.
* Remember our shut-ins: Gloria Girard, Ruby Lett, and Lois Viera.
SERMONS and CLASSES
Spring Quarter Classes (March 3)
Sunday Adult Auditorium:
Gilbert Shelton & Jeff Willis
“The Domino Effect”
Spring Quarter Classes (March 6)
Wednesday Adult Auditorium:
“Letters to Timothy & Titus”