Keep Christ In Your Life
Whatever we do, wherever we go, whoever we are with, and wherever we find ourselves, we must keep Christ in our life.
“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).
By keeping Christ in our life we will find the following commitments to be worthy of our focus:
Commitment to God as the Father of life, seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, the top priority of life (Matt. 6:33).
Commitment to Jesus as the Lord of life, confronting every choice of life with, “What would the Lord have me do?” (Rom. 14:8).
Commitment to the Bible as the Word of life, studying, obeying, and teaching the Word throughout the course of life (I Tim. 2:15).
Commitment to the church as the body of Christ, where they will spend so much of their time and give so much of themselves (I Cor. 12:12-27).
Commitment to God’s plan for the family, one man for one woman for life, raising children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Eph. 5:22-6:4).
Commitment to the lost, without God and without hope in the world, those with such desperate need of the gospel of Christ (Matt. 28:19-20).
Commitment to purity, living sensibly, righteously, and godly in a world overwhelmed with immorality (Tit. 2:12).
Commitment to leadership, accepting responsible roles in the home, the church, the workplace, and the community, leading to the Lord (Josh. 1:6-9).
Commitment to the service, following in the footsteps of the Master Servant, who went about doing good (Acts 10:38).
Commitment to excellence, putting forth their very best efforts, whatever the task, small or great, as unto the Lord Himself (Col. 3:23). (Spiritual Sword, July 1991, 39).
Hatfield Contact Info
If you would like to contact Robert or Emily Hatfield, you may do so at his email address, email@example.com or on his cell, 803-526-7478. Their current address is 5460 Altamaha Drive, North Charleston, SC 29420.
GHR Grad Night Tonight
We will be celebrating our High School graduates the Sunday night following evening services May 19. Reagan Hunter, Wesley Fuqua, Alex Lamb, Nick Lamb,
Russell McHenry, Molly Passmore, Bailey Ridenour, Blake Savage, and Wilson Walker. Please bring appetizers, finger foods, and dessert. A cake is provided. Books will be available to sign in the fellowship hall.
For the month of May we are collecting cereal & oatmeal. Please see William Ireland if you have any questions.
Autumn Leaves Service
We conduct a service each Sunday afternoon at 1:00 pm at the Autumn Leaves memory care facility next door. See Mark Walker with questions.
New Horizons Bible Study
Wednesday’s at 12:00 pm there is an ongoing Bible study here at the building for all of those in the New Horizons Care Group. Anyone is welcome.
Save The Date VBS
Vacation Bible School will be July 31, August 1st and 2nd! Details coming soon!
Save The Date Morality Seminar
July 19-21 David Powell will be with us for a seminar titled: “Morality In An Age Of Corruption”.
Veterans BBQ & Fellowship
Saturday, June 22nd at the home of Karen & Steve Shelton 3:00—6:30. (4112 Blaydes Court, Charlotte) The purpose of this event is to build and strengthen our network of Christian veterans to offer support, fellowship, and edification. It’s open to all veterans and family members from our congregation (and close friends who are veterans and may also benefit). Please sign up in the foyer before Sunday, 6/16, and plan to bring a side dish, beverage, or a dessert. Steve and Karen are available for questions.
Save The Date Family Legacy Weekend
Save the date for an exciting weekend with speakers Lonnie Jones & Ben Hayes, August 30, – September 1. Saturday a picnic/devo filled family day is planned. Watch for details soon. Mark your calendars NOW!
Love Where You Live Service Projects
Do you have a service project that you need help with? Love Where You Live Participants would like to donate their time and efforts to help you assemble, package, label, etc your projects. We will have 40+ youth ranging from kindergarten to 12th grade who will be participating in a week of service in June. You bring the materials, we’ll be the muscle. See Heather Powell, Liz Knight, or Shawna Harvey if you have a need or idea.
Separate from the above request we are also looking for yard work opportunities to help members/ friends/ neighbors with tasks including (but not limited to) mowing, pulling weeds, laying pine straw, etc on the morning of Thursday, June 13th. You do not have to “need” help for us to come help you, we would love to help anyone who wants it! Sign up on the bulletin board.
5.31 Area Singing / Lake Norman
6.7 Area Singing/ Charlotte Ave.
6.9-15 Carolina Lectures/ Sumter, SC
Spring Teen Sowers & Sing
MS/HS youth are invited to participate in a 6 week study about the Church & how to engage in conversations about the Church. We will meet Sunday evenings this Spring April 28 – June 9. Dinner and youth singing will follow each class.
Love Where You Live
Calling all school age youth (K-12) and adult helpers for Love Where You Live Week Sign Ups! We have daily service projects planned for the week of June 10th – 14th. Please note that this is morning/ afternoon each day. Please sign up on the bulletin board by May 19th. See Heather Powell, Shawna Harvey, or Liz Knight with any questions.
Save The Date Youth Retreat
Youth Retreat planning is in the works! Save the date, May 24-26! At Carolina Bible Camp with speaker Ben Hogan! See Clay Batts with questions.
* Cris Newell is having some very painful back issues.
* Roger Whytsell will have a procedure tomorrow.
* Prayers for Tim Bannister & Sandy Ibbetson to continue doing well.
* The mother’s of Barb Arbaugh, Rodney Grant, Linda Hill, Jim Passmore, Len Patterson, Ron Shepherd, and Mark Walker, are all dealing with various health issues.
* The father’s of Jerry Brooks, and Greg Gross are dealing with various health issues.
* Cheryl Ford’s Uncle, Grover Fincher has been diagnosed with cancer.
* Wayne Cherry’s nephew, Tony Harris has been diagnosed with non-alcoholic Cirrhosis.
* Mark & PJ Inness’ neighbors, the Stillwell family as they explore treatment options for Linden.
* Leila Washington’s friends’ 12 year old nephew who has had pneumonia is now in rehab receiving breathing treatments.
* Friend and neighbor to Kurt & Mary Ann Marine (Bill) has had a return of his cancer.
* Former member, Somia Schell has been diagnosed with cancer.
* Tim Mastenbrook requests prayers for one of Haiti’s preachers school graduates wife; Madam Beljour she has tentatively been approved for her gratis life-saving heart surgery in the U.S.
* Don & Sheri Blackwell Update* Sheri is in a back brace but has been released. Don has been transferred to the Shepherd Center in Atlanta. He has fractured vertebrae in his back, neck, and a cracked sternum. His spinal cord is severed and he is completely paralyzed from the waist down.
* Len Patterson’s co-worker, Alicia Wiliford passed away, prayers for her family.
* Remember our shut-ins: Gloria Girard, Ruby Lett, and Lois Viera.
Sermons & Classes
“The Anti-Christ and our Anointing”
“ A Rite of Passage”
Spring Quarter Classes (March 3)
Sunday Adult Auditorium:
Gilbert Shelton & Jeff Willis
“The Domino Effect”
Spring Quarter Classes (March 6)
Wednesday Adult Auditorium:
“Letters to Timothy & Titus”