Journaling In Your Bible
The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul;
the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
the rules of the Lord are true, and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold;
sweeter also than honey
and drippings of the honeycomb.
Moreover, by them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great
reward. (Psalm 19:7-11)
The Scriptures are perfect and trustworthy in every way.
Jesus Believed the Scriptures Historically Accurate.
Jesus often based His teaching and illustrations from the Old Testament. He believed the Old Testament doctrines and history valid. Jesus aThrmed that the scriptures were historically accurate and true. Notice the following examples:
Creation by God
Marriage as a divine institution
Adam and Eve
Noah and the flood
The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah
The ten commandments given by God
The miracle of manna
Jonah swallowed by a great fish
The cure of Naaman’s leprosy
Robert Hatfield: firstname.lastname@example.org 803-526-7478. Continue to pray for a smooth transition for them and that their home will sell quickly. Their current address is 5460 Altamaha Drive, North Charleston, SC 29420.
For the month of September we are collecting yams & cranberry sauce. Please see William Ireland with any questions.
“The Pearl” Service
We conduct a service each Sunday afternoon at 1:00 pm at The Pearl of Fort Mill memory care facility next door. 9.15 Chuck Magee, 9.22 Glen Hawkins, 9.29 Tommie Washington.
Women’s Monthly Prayer Meeting Today
The women’s monthly prayer meeting will be today at 5:00—5:50 pm.
Men’s Golf Weekend
The 2019 Men’s Golf weekend will be held October 18—20 near Franklin, NC. There is limited space available. Please contact Alan Jopson with questions at 704.236.3376 or
New Horizons Senior Bible Study
The New Horizons Bible Study will begin the first Wednesday in October (the 2nd), at 12:00 pm. Anyone is welcome to attend. See Keith Franklin with questions.
SECH Service Project
There will be a service opportunity at the Southeastern Children’s home the afternoon of Sunday, September 29th, 2:00—4:30 pm. Volunteers from our congregation will be doing outdoor work at SECH, including mowing, trimming, weeding flower beds, and cutting back brush around the perimeter of fields and fence-lines. Work for all ages, elementary school and above.
We will plan to have a devotional as a group at approximately 5:30pm with the children from the home.
Tuesday Morning Ladies Bible Class
Ladies, on Tuesday mornings, you are welcome to join us @ 10:00 am . Our study is: It’s a Red-Letter Day, “How the words of Jesus impact the hearts of women today.” If you need more information, please see Mary Carter.
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Dinner
We will have our next Wednesday evening fellowship dinner September 25th from 6:00 to 6:50 pm. Please join us for a meal and fellowship followed by our midweek bible study at 7:00. Friends and family are encouraged to attend.
Southeastern Children’s Home Change Cans
The SECH change cans are due at the end of September.
There will be a gift card wedding shower for Alexander Bannister & Zeta Smith September 29th, here at the building 4:30—5:30 pm. Recommended gift cards: Walmart, Kohls and HomeGoods. Please bring a recipe (s) to share; a recipe book is being compiled for Zeta. They do not have a registry. See Amanda Garrett with questions.
Over 50 ladies have signed up and paid for the upcoming ladies retreat in October! There will be an informational soup/salad supper for all those attending on SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 28th at 5:00 pm. their Roommates and suite mates will be announced, as well as packing lists, and general information regarding the weekend. Plan on attending and fellow-shipping with us! See Heather Powell with questions.
Indian Land will be meeting TODAY, September 15th for an evening worship service at 6:00 pm at the Indian Land recreation center. 8286 Charlotte Hwy. Chad Garrett will be speaking. Check out the new web page: indianlandcoc.org
See the bulletin board for event details
9.28 Youth Day/ Highland Acres/ Statesville
Sword Swallowers class for 4th – 6th graders will begin on September 22nd during evening services. We will not be meeting on September 29th, due to the service project with the children’s home.
Girls Middle/ High School Bible Study
There will be a Middle / High School Girls Bible Study will be here at the building on Sundays, at 5pm.September 15th Miriam Hager, Kindness; 22nd Martha Hager, Self – Image 29th Elaina Fuqua, Gratitude. Please come join us, any questions, see Haley Cox.
Young Ladies Day
Charlotte Avenue is hosting their annual EWES young ladies day, September 28th 9:30—4:00, details to come soon.
- Doris Leggitt had successful back surgery this past
- Harold Weston is having diThculty with one of his hips and is affecting his ability to walk. Please pray also for Sharon as she cares for
- Betty Baker had some issues with her heart and was being checked out this past
- Joe Manning has been diagnosed with cancer. Treatment is being
- Cris Newell continues to be home bound due to the pain she suffers. Keep Dave in your prayers as well.
- Prayers for Tim Bannister & Sandy Ibbetson to continue doing
- Margaret Wallace’s mother and brother-in-law (who is a minister for the church) both had recent procedures.
- The mothers’ of Barb Arbaugh, Rodney Grant, April Greene, Linda Hill, Shontrell Overton, Jim Passmore, Len Patterson, Ron Shepherd, and Mark Walker, are all dealing with various health issues.
- The fathers’ of Dave Beels, Jerry Brooks, Greg Gross, and Derrick Williamson are dealing with various health
- Michelle Hicks’ brothers Leroy and Keith Hicks need prayers as they go through some issues.
- PJ Inness’ sister-in –law, Kathy Stevens. Has begun a six week course of chemo and
- Charles & Ginger Taylor’s granddaughter Kristin Ginsberg has suffered a severe
- Bert Schick’s daughter Mylisa Binnell is experiencing a ‘shut-down’ of the left side of her
- Sandra Murray’s brother, Tom Ratliff will have 3 surgeries in the next few
- Ed McClellan’s cousin, Peter Butler has an untreatable form of dementia and has been given just a few years to
- Charles Taylor’s co-worker, Helene Ward’s cancer has spread to her
- Mark & PJ Inness’ neighbor update* Linden’s recent test results were
- Tim Mastenbrook reports Madam Beljour’s VISA has been secured for her emergency heart surgery.
- Mark & Chloe Walker’s close friend, Dan Martin passed away, prayers for his wife Elaine and family.
- Former members Scott & Alexis Ihle’s newborn baby, Garrison is in the CICU following recent open heart surgery and has had some
- Remember our shut-ins: Gloria Girard, Ruby Lett, and Lois
Sermons & Classes
Preaching Today: Today:
“The Importance of Right Thinking”
“The Word of God is not Chained”
Fall Quarter Classes (September 1)
Sunday Adult Auditorium: Robert Hatfield “Philippians ”
Fall Quarter Classes (September 4)
Wednesday Adult Auditorium:
Mark Inness, Steve Miller,
Jim Passmore, Gilbert Shelton “Peter, From Disciple to Apostle” Wednesday Adult Downstairs Ladies Only Class
“Fragrance of Faith”