Journaling In Your Bible; Sayings From the Cross
The seven sayings of Christ on the cross provide many lines of thought and application. Think about the key words before each saying below and how Jesus fulfilled being called the perfect lamb of God (John 1: 29).
“Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”
“Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
“…he said to his mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” 27 Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!”
“Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”
“It is Finished!”
“Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!”
Jesus Christ is the “Lamb who was slain” (Revelation 13:8), for the remission of our sins (Matthew 26:28).
Robert Hatfield: email@example.com 803-526-7478. Their new address is: 737 Pinebough Lane; Rock Hill, SC 29732.
We are currently at 1227 lbs. of food in the pantry items that we are in need of for the food drive. Help us make our 5000 lb. goal! Items are as follows: Corn, Sweet Peas, Mixed Vegetables, Dry Beans, Pineapples, Peaches, Pears, Apple Sauce, Cranberry Sauce, Pumpkin, Sweet Potatoes, Pasta Sauce, Broth, Rice, Potatoes, Oatmeal, Soup, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Fruit Cocktail, Chili, Green Beans, Carrots, Ravioli. See William Ireland with any questions.
“The Pearl” Service
We conduct a service each Sunday afternoon at 1:00 pm at The Pearl of Fort Mill memory care facility next door., 9.29 Tommie Washington.
Congregational Fellowship Dinner TODAY
We will be having a congregational fellowship potluck dinner today following morning service. Plan to stay as we enjoy spending time together.
SECH Service Project TODAY
There will be a service opportunity at the Southeastern Children’s Home this afternoon 2:00—4:30 pm. Work for all ages, elementary school and above. We will have a devotional as a group at approximately 5:30pm with the children from the home.
Wedding Shower TODAY
There will be a gift card couples wedding shower for Alexander Bannister & Zeta Smith today here at the building 4:30—5:30 pm. Recommended gift cards: Walmart, Kohls and HomeGoods. Please bring a recipe (s) to share on index cards; a recipe book is being compiled for Zeta. They do not have a registry. See Amanda Garrett with questions.
Video for Brett and Nancy
You are invited to record a brief video message for the Pharr’s. A video camera is set up in the Women’s Connection Room for 30 minutes following each service for video recording of well wishes.
There will be a meeting on October 6 at 4:30 .
New Horizons Senior Bible Study
The New Horizons Bible Study will begin the first Wednesday in October (the 2nd), at 12:00 pm. Anyone is welcome to attend. See Keith Franklin with questions.
Men’s Golf Weekend
The 2019 Men’s Golf weekend will be held October 18—20 near Franklin, NC. Please contact Alan Jopson with questions at 704.236.3376 or
Over 50 ladies have signed up and paid for the upcoming ladies retreat in October!
3rd Annual Veterans Day Breakfast
Please mark your calendars for the 2019 Veterans Day Breakfast! We’re excited to confirm that Congressman Norman will be participating again this year. The sign-up rosters are now located on the bulletin board, for both veterans and volunteers. Volunteer Meeting Sunday 10/27 at 5pm; set-up event (dinner provided); Friday 11/08 at 5pm. Veterans Day Breakfast; Saturday 11/09 from 8:30-10:00am (all events at the building).
See the bulletin board for event details
1o.6-9 Gospel Mtg/ St. Andrews/ Wade Webster
10.19-20 Family Seminar/ Seneca/ Andy Brewster
11.15-17 Youth Rally/Boiling Springs/Joe Wells
11.2 Ladies Day/ Boiling Springs/ Emily Hatfield
Sword Swallowers Tonight
Sword Swallowers class for 4th – 6th graders begins tonight during evening services. We will not be meeting on September 29th, due to the service project with the children’s home.
Girls Middle/ High School Bible Study
There will be a Middle / High School Girls Bible Study will be here at the building on Sundays, at 5pm. 29th Elaina Fuqua, Gratitude. Please come join us, any questions, see Haley Cox.
Middle/High School Youth Hangout
There will be a Middle /High School hangout night at David and Allison Andrews on October 19th at 7:00-9:30. Dinner will be provided.
* Shirley Jeffers is scheduled for back surgery October 3rd.
* Joe Manning has been diagnosed with cancer. He has begun radiation treatments.
* Les Cole is scheduled for back surgery on October 18th.
* Doris Leggitt continues to recover from her recent back surgery.
* Harold Weston is having difficulty with one of his hips and is affecting his ability to walk. Please pray also for Sharon as she cares for him.
* Cris Newell continues to be home bound due to the pain she suffers. Keep Dave in your prayers as well.
* Prayers for Tim Bannister & Sandy Ibbetson to continue doing well.
* Susan Nunn’s parents are recovering from a recent motorcycle accident.
* The mothers’ of Barb Arbaugh, Rodney Grant, April Greene, Shontrell Overton, Jim Passmore, Len Patterson, Ron Shepherd, Mark Walker, and Margaret Wallace are all dealing with various health issues.
* The fathers’ of Dave Beels, Jerry Brooks, Greg Gross, and Derrick Williamson are dealing with various health issues.
* Michelle Hicks’ brothers Leroy and Keith Hicks need prayers as they go through some issues.
* PJ Inness’ sister-in –law, Kathy Stevens. Has begun a six week course of chemo and radiation.
* Bert Schick’s daughter Mylisa Binnell is experiencing a ‘shut-down’ of the left side of her body.
* Sandra Murray’s brother, Tom Ratliff has intermediate macular degeneration.
* Ed McClellan’s cousin, Peter Butler has an untreatable form of dementia.
* Charles Taylor’s co-worker, Helene Ward’s cancer has spread to her bones.
* Mark & PJ Inness’ neighbor update* Linden’s recent test results were encouraging.
* Tim Mastenbrook requests prayers for Madam Beljour as she will have her heart surgery in Charlotte on Wednesday.
* Mark & Chloe Walker’s close friend, Dan Martin passed away, prayers for his wife Elaine and family.
* Former members Scott & Alexis Ihle’s newborn baby, Garrison is in the CICU following recent open heart surgery and has had some complications.
* Remember our shut-ins: Gloria Girard, Ruby Lett, and Lois Viera.
Sermons & Classes
“Called to Suffer”
Reading: 1 Peter 2:21-24
Youth Led Service:
Bradley Davis & Ethan Haskin
Will be leading the devotionals
Fall Quarter Classes (September 1)
Sunday Adult Auditorium:
Fall Quarter Classes (September 4)
Wednesday Adult Auditorium:
Mark Inness, Steve Miller,
Jim Passmore, Gilbert Shelton
“Peter, From Disciple to Apostle”
Wednesday Adult Downstairs
Ladies Only Class
“Fragrance of Faith”