Prayer & Marriage
Using the powerful privilege of prayer to help strengthen our marriages and families is a high mark of purpose in our Christian lives.
“The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working” (James 5:16).
The following 10 Prayers For Marriages are pinpointed to help us focus on our spouse as well as on God our Father:
- Grow our love for You daily.
- Help us to love each other unconditionally.
- Allow us to respect one another in an empowering way.
- Teach us how to complete each other, building us into one unit You design.
- Rid our hearts from grudges or bitterness towards one another, teaching us to forgive readily and extend grace continually.
- Let us encourage each other to achieve the dreams you give us individually and jointly.
- Keep us humble, placing each other’s needs ahead of our own.
- Guard our hearts from selfishness and self-centered desires.
- Protect our marriage from the destruction of outside influences.
- Make our commitment deeper than our emotions, stronger than the seasons of change and the trials which will come our way.
Prayers & Updates
* Ann DeJarnatt had hip surgery this past week and will not have to wear the stabilizer. Prayers that she continues to do well.
* Shirley Jeffers had an outpatient procedure hoped to help relieve her back pain.
* Francis Wade has been dealing with vertigo again.
* We are thankful that both Mary Carter and Roy Jeffers have been able to be out with us.
* Betty Baker continues to be tested to determine the cause of her passing out.
* Les Cole has a benign tumor on his neck.
* The mother’s of Brian Buchanan, Hampton Hager, Robert Langford, Len Patterson, and Amber Williamson.
* The father’s of Brian Buchanan, Robert Langford, and Trish Ridenour.
* Remember Keith Franklin’s sister; Tan Franklin. She is awaiting surgery.
* Lynda Ott’s brother –in-law is dealing with back pain due to some ‘nodules’ that have been discovered.
* Leila Washington’s nephew is struggling with some things.
* William Ireland requests prayers for the Curry family in Texas; they are dealing with the Corona virus.
* Jim Passmore’s cousin, Marty Dolan has been diagnosed with lung cancer.
Online Study, Prayer, & Worship
Þ Livestream Worship
Each Sunday morning at 10:30 am. Livestream at: Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Children’s Bible Class
Sunday’s with Emily Hatfield. Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Lunchtime Prayer
Tuesday’s at noon with Keith Franklin via our Gold Hill Facebook page. Prayer requests are made through the comments in the live video.
Þ Wednesday Bible Study
Our Summer Series Bible class will resume for adults on Wednesday, July 1in the auditorium. Our theme is: “Crucial Questions from the Bible”
For those who are uncomfortable getting out yet, the Summer Series is available via livestream: Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Summer Series Schedule
7.15 Tommie Washington “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?” Luke 6:46
7.22 Glen Hawkins “By what authority are you doing these things, and who gave you this authority?” Matthew 21:23
7.29 William Ireland “Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to meet?” Amos 3:3
8.5 Gilbert Shelton “What does the Lord your God require of you?’ Deuteronomy 10:12; Micah 6:8
8.12 Tony Zeiss “Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?” Matthew 16:26
8.19 Bob Mantie “Have I then become your enemy by telling you the truth?” Galatians 4:16
8.26 Matt Ibbetson; “What Must I do to be saved?” Acts 16:30
Þ Children’s Bible Class
Classes for children, 5th grade and under, will resume Wednesday, July 8. Classes will be VBS-style, and will be significantly amended to accommodate proper distancing and a safe learning environment. See Matt Ibbetson or Hampton Hagar for more information. Children are welcome to sit in the auditorium with their parents.
Þ Summer Youth Series
The youth group, 6th grade and up, will continue Summer Youth Series offsite. This is set up where parents could drop off their young people at the devo, then come to the building for their adult class, with plenty of time to go pick up when the devo is concluded. This week we meet at Mark and Sophie Ibettson’s Home for Food, Fun, and Fellowship. 6 – 9 PM
For questions regarding our live stream or technical issues you are experiencing, please contact Tommie Washington: 980-939-3130