Our attitudes profoundly influence those who observe us. Do we want those we influence to develop our attitudes? Of course, if our attitude is right and proper, positive and godly, we will do well. We should answer “no” if our attitude and disposition is bitter, prideful, difficult to get along with, quick tempered, opinionated, or just generally unpleasant? If we are unhelpful, uncaring, stingy, lazy, too busy for others, unfriendly, pessimistic, and negative, what kind of a community might we be guilty of promoting? What an unfair burden it would be for a child, our neighbor, our spouse, our parents, our friends, our co-workers, our fellow-Americans, our brothers and sisters in Christ, to inherit those kinds of attitudes.
May the following Scriptures remind us of our responsibility to change and conform to Jesus and His Gospel in every area of our lives, including our attitude.
Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16).
We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5).
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you (Ephesians 4:31-32).
Do all things without grumbling or disputing (Philippians 2:14).
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful (Colossians 3:15).
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you (James 4:10).
Prayers & Updates
* Roy Jeffers will have eye surgery Monday.
* Mary Carter continues to make progress at home.
* Aaron Passmore is improving.
* Betty Baker continues to have episodes of passing out.
* Remember Shirley Jeffers as she manages her ongoing pain.
* Hampton Hager’s mother is recovering from a recent fall. A CT scan showed a tumor on her brain.
* Keep the parents of Brian Buchanan, and Robert Langford in your prayers with health issues. Also, Len Patterson’s mother who is on dialysis.
* Remember Keith Franklin’s sister; Tan Franklin. She is awaiting surgery.
* Joe Theado’s sister Helen continues to decline.
* Gail Armstrong’s daughters both live and work in high risk COVID areas.
* Jim Passmore’s cousin, Marty Dolan has been diagnosed with lung cancer.
* Wendy Pena was expected to have a C-section this past Friday. They are expecting a boy (Mateo).
* Continue to remember Jerry & Cathy Brooks on the passing of Jerry’s Father who passed away and for Jerry’s mother who is suffering with dementia.
Online Study, Prayer, & Worship
Þ Livestream Worship
Each Sunday morning at 10:30 am. Tune in to our Gold Hill Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Children’s Bible Class
Sunday’s with Emily Hatfield. Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Favorite Passages
Each Monday : Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch a featured favorite passage will be shared from one of our men.
Þ Lunchtime Prayer
Tuesday’s at noon with Keith Franklin & Robert Hatfield via our Gold Hill Facebook page. Prayer requests are made through the comments in the live video.
Þ Call From Elders
Expect to receive a call update from our Elders each Tuesday.
Þ Wednesday Bible Study
Robert Hatfield & Steve Miller are leading a study discussion on prayer. Watch for new episodes each Wednesday afternoon through our Facebook page or Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
For questions regarding our live stream or technical issues you are experiencing, please contact Tommie Washington:
2020 GHR HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES:
We will have a celebration to honor our graduates Wednesday, June 17th at 7:00 pm here at the building (We will not be having a Bible study at that time, but will have our ongoing study with Steve & Robert posted.
- Cole Bitting – Air Force Academy
- Will Bramlet – Clemson University
- Blakeney Buchanan – Gap year/ Travel
- Taylor Cherry– Coast Guard
- Vivianna Kite – Dual Status
- Devon Padgett – York Tech
- Caleb VanHamme – York Tech
- Jared Whytsell – Winthrop University