“And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they did not cease teaching and preaching that the Christ is Jesus.” Acts 5:42
We have so many special events that we may sometimes forget the importance of regular, daily service. The special activities are great, but the lasting success will depend on daily involven1ent.
- Daily Cross–Bearing… Luke 9:23
- Daily Needs … Matthew 6:11
- Daily Bible Study … Acts 17:11
- Daily Teaching … Matthew 26:55
- Daily Defense … Acts 19:9
- Daily Sacrifice … 1 Corinthians 15:31
- Daily Service … Acts 6:1
- Daily Worship … Acts 2:46
- Daily Exhortation … Hebrews 3:13
- Daily Growth … Acts 16:5
Christianity is not once–in–awhile or just on Sunday. Real living is DAILY! ~Borrowed
Prayers & Updates
* Francis Wade has been dealing with vertigo again.
* Mary Carter and Roy Jeffers continue to recover at home.
* Betty Baker continues to have episodes of passing out.
* Remember Shirley Jeffers as she manages her ongoing pain.
* Trish Ridenour’s father suffered a heart attack and had a stent placed and is doing well.
* Keep the parents of Brian Buchanan, Robert Langford in your prayers. Also, Hampton Hager’s mother, and Len Patterson’s mother.
* Remember Keith Franklin’s sister; Tan Franklin. She is awaiting surgery.
* Joe Theado’s sister Helen is now home.
* Lynda Ott’s brother –in-law Is dealing with back pain due to some ‘nodules’ that have been discovered.
* Leila Washington’s nephew was recently baptized, but is struggling.
* William Ireland requests prayers for the Curry family in Texas; they are dealing with the Corona virus.
* Jim Passmore’s cousin, Marty Dolan has been diagnosed with lung cancer.
* Mary Magee’s mother, Virginia Dawkins passed away. Her funeral is Monday in Memphis.
Online Study, Prayer, & Worship
Þ Livestream Worship
Each Sunday morning at 10:30 am. Livestream at: Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Children’s Bible Class
Sunday’s with Emily Hatfield. Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Lunchtime Prayer
Tuesday’s at noon with Keith Franklin via our Gold Hill Facebook page. Prayer requests are made through the comments in the live video.
Þ Wednesday Bible Study
Our Summer Series Bible class will resume for adults on Wednesday, July 1in the auditorium. Our theme is: “Crucial Questions from the Bible”
For those who are uncomfortable getting out yet, the Summer Series is available via livestream: Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Summer Series Schedule
7.1 Matt Guy “How shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation?” Hebrews 2:3
7.8 Clay Batts “Am I my brother’s keeper?” Genesis 4:9
7.15 Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?” Luke 6:46
7.22 Glen Hawkins “By what authority are you doing these things, and who gave you this authority?” Matthew 21:23
7.29 William Ireland “Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to meet?” Amos 3:3
8.5 Gilbert Shelton “What does the Lord your God require of you?’ Deuteronomy 10:12; Micah 6:8
8.12 Tony Zeiss “Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?” Matthew 16:26
8.19 Bob Mantie “Have I then become your enemy by telling you the truth?” Galatians 4:16
8.26 Matt Ibbetson; “What Must I do to be saved?” Acts 16:30
Þ Children’s Bible Class
Classes for children, 5th grade and under, will resume Wednesday, July 8. Classes will be VBS-style, and will be significantly amended to accommodate proper distancing and a safe learning environment. See Matt Ibbetson or Hampton Hagar for more information. Children are welcome to sit in the auditorium with their parents.
Þ Summer Youth Series
The youth group, 6th grade and up, will continue Summer Youth Series offsite. This is set up where parents could drop off their young people at the devo, then come to the building for their adult class, with plenty of time to go pick up when the devo is concluded.
This week we meet at The Hager’s Home – Food, Fun, and Fellowship. 6 – 9 PM
For questions regarding our live stream or technical issues you are experiencing, please contact Tommie Washington: