Making Decisions Wisely
Variations of the following exist in many lessons on how to make spiritual decisions.
As you navigate through your day and as you examine your life…and really take an in-depth look into your soul, testing your intentions and passions, use these questions to help you be the person God desires you to be and to also make sure you are living and practicing Christianity faithfully being pleasing unto Him.
Will it be spiritually profitable? (I Corinthians 6: 12).
Will it build me up? (I Corinthians 10:23; 14:26).
Will it slow me down in the race? (Hebrews 12: 1, 2).
Will it bring me into bondage? (Is it habit forming, addictive?) (I Corinthians 6: 12).
Will it hypocritically cover up my sins? (I Peter 2: 16).
Will it violate the Lordship of Christ? (Romans 14).
Will it help other Christians? (Romans 4: 13, 15, 20, 21).
Will it lead others to Christ? (Romans 14: 16).
Will it be consistent with Christ ‘s likeness? (Would Jesus do it? What would Jesus do
under these circumstances?) (1 Peter 2:21).
Will it glorify God? (1 Corinthians 10:31).
Prayers & Updates
* Mary Carter now has her surgery scheduled for May 29th.
* Continue to pray for Shirley Jeffers as she tries to manage her ongoing pain.
* Aaron Passmore continues to deal with some health issues.
* Josh Buchanan’s parents are recovering from Covid-19.
* Brian Buchanan’s parents, Bilucky & Betty are dealing with health issues.
* Remember Keith Franklin’s sister; Tan Franklin.
* Len Patterson’s mother is receiving dialysis treatments.
* Joe Theado’s sister Helen is hospitalized with tests being run to determine if an infection has spread to her brain. Additionally, their neighbor’s daughter, Robin, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is waiting for pathology & treatment.
* Margie Hamilton’s nephew had open heart surgery in Indianapolis.
* Jane Cherry’s friend, Fernando Crespo, is in a NJ hospital with COVID-19.
* Allison Bradley’s friend , Jimmy Dixon will have surgery this Tuesday to remove a brain tumor.
* Sympathy to Susan Dunkel and family on the loss of her father.
Online Study, Prayer, & Worship
Þ Livestream Worship
Each Sunday morning at 10:30 am. Tune in to our Gold Hill Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Children’s Bible Class
Sunday’s with Emily Hatfield. Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Families & Fellowship
Sunday, April 26th at 6:00 pm on ZOOM. Designed to engage families with younger children.
Þ Lunchtime Prayer
Tuesday’s at noon with Keith Franklin & Robert Hatfield via our Gold Hill Facebook page. Prayer requests are made through the comments in the live video.
Þ Call From Elders
Expect to receive a call update from our Elders each Tuesday.
Þ Wednesday Bible Study
Robert Hatfield & Steve Miller are leading a study discussion on family/church relationships. Watch for new episodes each Wednesday afternoon through our Facebook page or Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Wednesday MS/ HS Class
Available via ZOOM on Wednesday’s at 7pm with Clay Batts, Eric Bitting & Eric Haskin.