High School Graduation 2020
Graduation is a special time. In one sense, it is an end. In another sense, it is a beginning. Whether it be graduation from high school, college, or some other institution of learning, it marks the culmination or completion of a process. It is also the inauguration of a new process to follow. High school graduation is a rite of passage unlike any other. You move from being treated like a child (legally) to being counted as an adult, both in society and in any academic setting you might enter.
Testing awaits as you enter the world (Ecclesiastes 12:1). Remember, with God no path is without difficulty and no path is without blessing
Some of the loudest voices for tolerance today have little tolerance for traditional Christian beliefs. So as you go about your daily life, just be ready. Because you’re going to be asked not just to tolerate things that violate your faith; you’re going to be asked to endorse them. You’re going to be asked to bow down to the idols of the popular culture. So you need to prepare your minds for action, men and women. You need to show that we can love God and love our neighbor at the same time through words and deeds. And you need to be prepared to meet opposition (Vice-President, Mike Pence).
We’re commanded to be salt and light (Matthew 5:13–16) — which presupposes we are salt and light. To make a difference in the world we must be different than the world
Keep in mind these two things that will help you navigate the times ahead: We should pray: “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him” (James 1:5). We should seek counsel from trustworthy people who know us: “Without counsel, plans fail, but with many advisers, they succeed.” (Proverbs 15:22).
Congratulations on your graduation. Godspeed in the days ahead. Grace be with you to the end.
Cole Bitting– Air Force Academy
Will Bramlet -Clemson University
Blakeney Buchanan– Gap year/ Travel
Taylor Cherry– Coast Guard
Vivianna Kite – Dual Status
Devon Padgett– York Tech
Caleb VanHamme – York Tech
Jared Whytsell-Winthrop University
Prayers & Updates
* Aaron Passmore was hospitalized in Pineville this past week and received blood.
* Mary Carter ‘s surgery has been moved up to this Thursday, May 21st
* Continue to pray for Shirley Jeffers as she tries to manage her ongoing pain.
* Jordan Patterson is now home from the hospital.
* Josh Buchanan’s parents and Brian Buchanan’s parents, who are dealing with health issues.
* Remember Keith Franklin’s sister; Tan Franklin. She is awaiting surgery.
* Len Patterson’s mother is receiving dialysis treatments.
* Joe Theado’s sister Helen has declined in health. Additionally, their neighbor’s daughter, Robin, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer .
* Margie Hamilton’s nephew had open heart surgery in Indianapolis.
* Jane Cherry’s friend, Fernando Crespo, is in a NJ hospital with COVID-19.
* Allison Bradley’s friend , Jimmy Dixon had recent surgery to remove a brain tumor.
* Continue to remember Susan Dunkel on the recent loss of her father.
* Continue to remember those who serve in our military. Alexander Bannister, Caitlin Bitting, James Ridenour, Gracie Bannister, Braxton Greene and Harrison Brooks.
* Thank you from Matt & Sandy Ibbetson: “We look forward to the day when we can all worship together again and introduce Caius and Fortis.”
Online Study, Prayer, & Worship
Þ Livestream Worship
Each Sunday morning at 10:30 am. Tune in to our Gold Hill Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Children’s Bible Class
Sunday’s with Emily Hatfield. Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Families & Fellowship
Sunday, April 26th at 6:00 pm on ZOOM. Designed to engage families with younger children.
Þ Lunchtime Prayer
Tuesday’s at noon with Keith Franklin & Robert Hatfield via our Gold Hill Facebook page. Prayer requests are made through the comments in the live video.
Þ Call From Elders
Expect to receive a call update from our Elders each Tuesday.
Þ Wednesday Bible Study
Robert Hatfield & Steve Miller are leading a study discussion on family/church relationships. Watch for new episodes each Wednesday afternoon through our Facebook page or Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Wednesday MS/ HS Class
Available via ZOOM on Wednesday’s at 7pm with Clay Batts, Eric Bitting & Eric Haskin.