We See Jesus
Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs (Hebrews 1:1-4).
When we see Jesus, we see how God has chosen to reveal Himself to man. The works of Jesus are many, so use the following to begin thinking how essential Jesus is in God’s overall plan.
Jesus was appointed to be heir of all things (Romans 8:15-17).
Jesus was a part of the creating force that made the world (Genesis 1:26; John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16).
Jesus was the brightness of God’s glory (Colossians 2:9).
Jesus was the express image of God (John 14:9; 17:24-26).
Jesus upholds all things by His powerful Word (Acts 17:28).
Jesus has purged our sins.
Jesus ascended to heaven and took His rightful place at the right hand of the Father and intercedes for us (Psalm 110:1; Acts 1:9-11; Romans 8:34).
Prayers & Updates
- Mary Carter now has her surgery scheduled for May 29th.
- Shirley Jeffers received an injection in hopes of helping manage her ongoing pain.
- Aaron Passmore continues to seek solutions for the extended health issue he has been dealing with.
- Josh Buchanan’s parents have been diagnosed with Covid-19. They are home and managing.
- Brian Buchanan’s parents, Bilucky & Betty are dealing with health issues.
- Remember Keith Franklin’s sister; Tan Franklin.
- Len Patterson’s mother is receiving dialysis treatments.
- Joe Theado’s sister Helen is hospitalized with tests being run to determine if an infection has spread to her brain. Additionally, their neighbor’s daughter, Robin, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is waiting for pathology & treatment.
- Jane Cherry’s friend, Fernando Crespo, is in a NJ hospital with COVID-19.
Online Study, Prayer, & Worship
Þ Livestream Worship
Each Sunday morning at 10:30 am. Tune in to our Gold Hill Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Children’s Bible Class
Sunday’s with Emily Hatfield. Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Families & Fellowship
Sunday, April 26th at 6:00 pm on ZOOM. Designed to engage families with younger children.
Þ Lunchtime Prayer
Tuesday’s at noon with Keith Franklin & Robert Hatfield via our Gold Hill Facebook page. Prayer requests are made through the comments in the live video.
Þ Call From Elders
Expect to receive a call update from our Elders each Tuesday.
Þ Wednesday Bible Study
Robert Hatfield & Steve Miller are leading a study discussion on family/church relationships. Watch for new episodes each Wednesday afternoon through our Facebook page or Youtube.com/user/goldhillchurch.
Þ Wednesday MS/ HS Class
Available via ZOOM on Wednesday’s at 7pm with Clay Batts, Eric Bitting & Eric Haskin.